Colour Ideas for Kitchen Cabinet Painting – Painting your kitchen with bright colours is a cost effective way to bring a dramatic change to the space. You can use complementary colours on the walls, doors and cabinets for a coordinated look. A lot of work goes into painting kitchen cabinets.
Painting your cabinets with the right colours can help you give the area a designer look. If you are looking for a cost effective way to renovate your outdated kitchen cabinets, it makes such a difference to paint them with a fresh new colour. Here are a few colour suggestions to smarten up your kitchen.
- White: If you have white appliances, it can be effective to paint your kitchen with white paint. This way you can make the space look as spacious as possible. Even if the appliances are of a different colour, white can complement them all.
- Light colours: By painting the cabinet s with light colours, you can really brighten up the area. For instance, try sunny yellow if your kitchen doesn’t get a lot of light. It will really make a dark wood floor island or butcher-block counter-top stand out.
- Blue: If you want to make a bold statement with your cabinets, try blue.
- Sophisticated Grey: By painting your cabinets with gray colours, you can give the space a refined, classic look. It can also evoke a more modern feel.
- Black: If your kitchens walls are white, consider painting kitchen cabinets black. This way you provide the space with a sophisticated and dramatic look.
- Green: Green cabinets can bring a cottage feel to your kitchen. Bright lime green can brighten up the area while providing the space with a contemporary look.
- Chocolate Brown: By painting kitchen cabinets with chocolate brown you can retain the wood cabinet feel.
- Mix It Up: If you can’t decide on one colour for your cabinets, mix your favourite colours up. Get the top and bottom of the cabinets painted in different colours. For instance, you can try a combination of sky blue and green.
Use your imagination, select a colour that appeals to you the most and start painting your cabinets. If you find painting them yourself a difficult task, you can get help from experts. There are many firms that offer kitchen painting services. Most of these services are cost effective and can offer hassle free services. You can find a kitchen painting service provider in your locality online.
If you are getting a service provider to paint your kitchen cabinets, they might even give you some suggestions to try, that you wouldn’t have thought of yourself.